Available Queensland wide
The Dandiiri—Inala School and Community Library has a wide range of resources reflecting all aspects of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island culture and history.
The collection includes fiction and non-fiction books for all ages, DVDs, puzzles, artefacts, puppets and toys.
The library can help with:
- embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives across the curriculum in authentic and meaningful ways
- teaching and learning about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island culture, history, language and people
- providing resources for topics such as reconciliation, the Stolen Generation, native title and NAIDOC week
- providing resources for displays
- selecting appropriate resources to support the teaching of literacy and numeracy
- cooperative planning with teachers to help create relevant work units across key learning areas
- providing support for the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority’s (ACARA) identified cross curriculum priority of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures
- supporting the Curriculum into the Classroom (C2C) project
- information about cultural educators and making contact with the local Indigenous community for educational purposes.
Dandiiri is pronounced “dun/dee/ree” and is a Yagara word meaning to meet, or to come together.