The Teacher Coordinator's key role involves teaching, course organisation/administration and student support.
The purpose of the role is to induct students into the academic and professional culture of TAFE Queensland North (TQN) or James Cook University (JCU) through a process of initial proactive support so the students become autonomous learners.
The Teacher Coordinator has the responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the key tasks:
- maintain teaching competency and currency of knowledge of relevant curriculum programs as required by the department, school or other relevant statutory authorities
- provide for the physical, social, cultural and emotional wellbeing and physical safety of students and preservice teachers whilst at the centre and enhance their overall development towards being an effective and responsible teacher through participation in timetabled and non-timetabled activities
- maintain student records and report on student performance to the Principal, State Program Coordinator, RATEP as well as JCU and TQN stakeholders, following stakeholders’ quality assurance and administrative requirements
- establish and maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships between the school and community, particularly in regard to the ethical obligations outlined in the Queensland Government Code of Conduct and the department’s Standard of Practice
- participate, as appropriate, in school decision making processes and professional development activities
- work in collaboration with the school and broader community in the maintenance and enhancement of the RATEP program.